Friday, December 5, 2008

The Stresses of Human Philosophy

As a human, my mindset has limitations.  I wish it weren’t so.  I worry and stress over few things in life.  I am a very laid back individual.  I would like to say it is because I put all my trust in God, but that is untrue.  The truth is I am flawed.  But when I do stress it is usually fairly serious.  The truth is my human tendencies are getting the better of me right now.  In this leadership role for our upcoming missions trip, the responsibilities seem endless.  But that’s not what has me worried.  We need to raise close $30,000 among 24 of us to make the quota for the trip.  Currently we are $6,000 short.  I thought if we just raise $2,400 for the two houses we could have less the team needed to come up with.  Then I could have some more breathing room.  Our missions team arrives one week from today, December 12th.  It seems like such a small portion of the money, but we have so little time.

 

I would like to sit and worry about the money, loathe myself for being an incapable leader.  I could keep using “I, me, and we.” But I realize it’s not about me or even the team.  I am failing, again, to attribute to God what is his.  This trip is his and he knows how the money will get here and when.   I need look no further than the title of my blog site, but his word always puts it best.

 

 

-“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.”-  Deuteronomy 7:9

 

Please keep our team in your prayers.  We serve a faithful God indeed.

 

If you would like to know more about the trip details, you can contact me at mrwallace4@gmail.com.  I will be attempting to blog throughout the trip as well.

No comments: